Welcome to the official Minnesota AIDS Project Website. Here at MAP we take privacy very seriously. We have committed to providing you with a website that respects and protects your privacy to the best of our ability.
This policy (updated 10/6/2016) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.mnaidsproject.org (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Information We Collect
We primarily collect information that you provide to us and information about the equipment you use to access our Website and general Website usage details.
Information you provide to us may include both personal, which includes information that can be personally identified, and individual information, which does not identify you.
- The personal information you provide may include but is not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number. This information is used for the purposes you provided it. For example if you sign up to volunteer or to be added to a mailing list we will utilize this information to contact you. You may contact us to be removed from any communication lists at any time.
- Portions of our Website are specifically created to act as tools for our users without requiring a link to identifying information. For example in our HIV risk assessment you may provide answers unique to you and your daily life but we would never ask for your name, address or telephone number. Your answers are used to generate individualized education tools.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. This may include traffic data, location data, logs internet connection, operating systems, and browser type. We use this information to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages.
Disclosures of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. All other information gathered is used only by MAP and our contractors. Information is only used to the extent necessary to preform our professional duties. We do not share any information collected on our website with outside organizations and third parties we are not appropriately contracted with unless legally required to do so. We may disclose your information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Our server is in a locked, secure environment 24 hours a day. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Please note all donations go through the third party EveryAction. Please visit their website for details about their security.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at www.mnaidsproject.org.