*NOTE: The location of this training does vary by date*
TRAINING LOCATION BY DATE:
-April 6th and August 16th: West Side Community Health Center, 53 Cesar Chavez Street Saint Paul, MN 55107
-June 9th and December 16th: Minnesota AIDS project, 2577 W Territorial Road, Saint Paul, MN 55114
- October 12th: Clare Housing Community Space, 929 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
This 1–day course is designed for individuals seeking an advanced education on HIV disease. Additionally, providers will learn how to provide competent and sensitive care for individuals living with HIV. This training is well suited for health and social service providers; professionals working in the HIV, STI, and/or Hepatitis C fields; and students pursuing degrees in social work, public health, nursing and other human service disciplines.
Training topics include:
- National and local epidemiological updates on HIV infections broken down by geographic area, age, gender, race/ethnicity, and risk category.
- Medical updates on HIV transmission, prevention, disease progression, testing, and treatment advances.
- Strategies to address HIV-related professional boundaries, confidentiality laws, and duty-to-warn considerations for providers working with HIV positive clients.
- How to assist clients through the HIV disclosure process.
- Co-occurring conditions such as homelessness, aging, chemical dependency, mental illness, and LGBTQ health disparities.
- State and local resources for HIV prevention programs and services for those living with HIV.
Training Length: 8 hours
Continuing Education Credits: Approved for 7 continuing education units by the MN Board of Social Work, MN Board of Nursing, and MN Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy (for LPC's and LADC's).
Cost: Individual Rate: $110.00 Student Rate: $85.00